Every patient may experience a certain degree of anxiety when anticipating a dental treatment, especially when one is not familiar with a treatment. We understand that for some patients, anxiety can be a barrier to receiving good dental care, and subsequently health can be compromised. Every member of the Oatlands Dental Lounge team possesses an empathetic understanding and approach to the difficulties nervous patients may encounter.
In our pursuit of helping you receive the care you need, we will:
- Explain procedures – we can provide you with a letter that gives you detailed information on your treatment plan and all procedures involved – and you can return to discuss any concerns you may have prior to treatment scheduling. We believe being well-informed can help reduce your fears.
- Not begin treatments if you are in pain – your pain is controlled or eliminated when possible before we start treatment.
- Never rush you to begin your treatment. – We will thoroughly and carefully inform you of our concerns regarding your dental and overall health, but will not rush your decision to pursue treatment.
- Guide you and offer treatment options.
- Offer comfortable anaesthetic techniques.
- Provide IV sedation options where appropriate to ensure your comfort during your treatment.
Our concern for your welfare and our desire to help you receive the dental care you need means that we will always listen to your concerns, take your fears seriously, and will do all we can do to ensure you can have a positively affirming dental care experience with us.
Please tell us if you suffer from anxiety related to dental procedures – we can help you.